Synonyms and Antonyms of decrepit
- The decrepit building was badly in need of repair.
- a decrepit old man
asthenic, debilitated, delicate, down-and-out, effete, enervated, enfeebled, faint, feeble, frail, infirm, languid, low, prostrate, prostrated, sapped, slight, soft, softened, tender, unsubstantial, wasted, weak, weakened, wimpish, wimpy
Synonym Discussion of decrepit
- felt weak after the surgery
- a feeble attempt to walk
- a frail teenager unable to enjoy sports
- a reclusive poet too fragile for the rigors of this world
- infirm residents requiring constant care
- the dowager's decrepit retainers
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up decrepit? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).