Synonyms & Antonyms of flippant
See the Dictionary Definition
making light of something usually regarded as serious or sacred
- his flippant comment that the poor save on taxes offended many people
Synonyms for flippant
Words Related to flippant
Near Antonyms for flippant
Antonyms for flippant
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors