Synonyms and Antonyms of illiterate
- Some of the expressions used on the website's bulletin board are illiterate.
- It was long ago an agricultural society in which most people were illiterate.
Synonym Discussion of illiterate
- an ignorant fool
- ignorant of nuclear physics
- much of the population is still illiterate
- an allusion meaningless to the unlettered
- strange monuments built by an untutored people
- poetry not for academics but for the unlearned masses
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up illiterate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).