Synonyms and Antonyms of raw
- You should wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
- Raw sugar is honey-colored because the crystals retain cane juices, minerals, and other impurities that haven't been refined out.
in the raw, in the rough
- Recruiters like to say the military turns raw youths into responsible men and women.
wet behind the ears
- one of those bleak, blustery, raw winter days
- Evenings in those mountains, even during the summer, tend to be a little raw.
- Bundle up if you're going sailing, as there's a raw wind out there in the bay.
- a frightening display of raw anger
Synonym Discussion of raw
- rude behavior
- rough manners
- a crude joke
- turning raw youths into polished performers
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up raw? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).