Synonyms and Antonyms of prudent
- Her calm response was very prudent under the circumstances.
- It wouldn't be prudent to ask for a raise while the company is having financial troubles.
- Her many years of experience as a social worker have made her a prudent judge of character.
Synonym Discussion of prudent
- wise beyond his tender years
- the sage advice of my father
- the sapient musings of an old philosopher
- judicious parents using kindness and discipline in equal measure
- a prudent decision to wait out the storm
- a sensible woman who was not fooled by flattery
- remained sane even in times of crises
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up prudent? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).