Synonyms and Antonyms of fatuous
- The fatuous questions that the audience members asked after the lecture suggested to the oceanographer that they had understood little.
- Ignoring the avalanche warnings, the fatuous skiers continued on their course.
absurd, asinine, balmy, brainless, cockeyed, crackpot, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, dippy, dotty, featherheaded, fool, foolish, half-baked, half-witted, harebrained, inept, insane, jerky, kooky (also kookie), loony (also looney), lunatic, lunkheaded, mad, nonsensical, nutty, preposterous, sappy, screwball, senseless, silly, simpleminded, stupid, tomfool, unwise, wacky (also whacky), weak-minded, witless, zany
airheaded, birdbrained, brain-dead, chowderheaded, chuckleheaded, clueless, dense, dim, dim-witted, doltish, dopey (also dopy), dorky [slang], dull, dumb, dunderheaded, empty-headed, fatuous, feebleminded, idiotic (also idiotical), imbecile (or imbecilic), knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), mindless, moronic, oafish, obtuse, opaque, pinheaded, simple, slow, slow-witted, soft, softheaded, thoughtless, thick, thickheaded, unintelligent, vacuous, witless
out to lunch
Synonym Discussion of fatuous
- considered people simple who had trouble with computers
- foolish stunts
- the silly antics of revelers
- fatuous conspiracy theories
- an asinine plot
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up fatuous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).