variants: also brusk
Synonyms & Antonyms of brusque
being or characterized by direct, brief, and potentially rude speech or manner
- a brusque and unhelpful reply from the clerk in the hardware store
Synonyms for brusque
Words Related to brusque
Near Antonyms for brusque
Antonyms for brusque
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game