Synonyms and Antonyms of genteel
- those bygone days when young women were taught how to drink tea while wearing long gloves and other genteel ways of behaving
- she grew up in genteel old Savannah
- the genteel ladies never mixed with the servants
- prohibited by reason of her genteel birth from marrying the man she loved
- his genteel gesture of holding the door for the ladies
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up genteel? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).