Synonyms and Antonyms of respectable
- No respectable dietician would advise people to eat just one kind of food.
- Cheating is not a respectable thing to do under any circumstances.
- Tim has the respectable manners of someone who was well brought up.
- The artwork that we commissioned from the muralist turned out to be respectable but was not quite what we had hoped for.
up to snuff
A1, bang-up, banner, capital, classic, crackerjack, dandy, divine, fabulous, fine, first-rate, grand, great, heavenly, jim-dandy, keen, marvelous (or marvellous), mean, neat, nifty, noble, par excellence, prime, sensational, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, unsurpassed, wonderful
- got paid a respectable sum for speaking at our graduation
astronomical (also astronomic), bumper, colossal, elephantine, enormous, gigantic, great, herculean, huge, immense, jumbo, king-size (or king-sized), mammoth, massive, monstrous, monumental, prodigious, titanic, tremendous, whopping
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up respectable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).