Synonyms and Antonyms of venerable
- The venerable old man was a cherished source of advice and wisdom for the villagers.
- a venerable tradition that colleges have been maintaining for centuries
Synonym Discussion of venerable
- old houses
- an old sweater of mine
- ancient accounts of dragons
- the family's venerable patriarch
- collected antique Chippendale furniture
- antiquated teaching methods
- the play used archaic language to convey a sense of period
- a computer that makes earlier models obsolete
Learn More about venerable
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up venerable? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).