Synonyms and Antonyms of miserly
- My brother, who is notoriously miserly, surprised us when he offered to pick up the tab.
Synonym Discussion of miserly
- a stingy child, not given to sharing
- folks who are very close when charity calls
- the niggardly amount budgeted for the town library
- a parsimonious lifestyle notably lacking in luxuries
- the penurious eccentric bequeathed a fortune
- a miserly couple devoid of social conscience
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up miserly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).