Synonyms and Antonyms of poor
- Every year, we make up a basket of food at Thanksgiving for a poor family in the neighborhood.
down on one's luck, out at elbows (or out at the elbows), out of pocket
- land that is too poor for farming
- a poor crop because of the drought this year
thin on the ground
- a pretty poor musician, even for a garage band
below par (or under)
A1, bang-up, banner, capital, choice, crackerjack, dandy, divine, excellent, exceptional, fabulous, fine, first-class, first-rate, grand, great, heavenly, high-test, jim-dandy, keen, marvelous (or marvellous), mean, neat, nifty, noble, par excellence, perfect, premium, prime, sensational, slick, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, unsurpassed, wonderful
- the poor workmanship of the furniture
- Aw, the poor kitten hurt its paw.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up poor? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).