Synonyms and Antonyms of stoic
- Years of misfortune had made them stoic in the face of adversity.
- At her husband's funeral she remained stoic, and only a few imagined the depth of her grief.
Synonym Discussion of stoic
- met the news with an impassive look
- was resolutely stoic even in adversity
- a phlegmatic man unmoved by tears
- charitable appeals met an apathetic response
- stolid workers wedded to routine
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up stoic? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).