Synonyms and Antonyms of vacant
- a vacant room that could be converted into a classroom
- looking for vacant land on which to build a house
at rest, on the shelf, out of commission
- He had a vacant and distracted expression.
- Police discovered that vagrants had been sleeping in the vacant warehouse.
Synonym Discussion of vacant
- an empty bucket
- a vacant apartment
- a blank wall
- a statement void of meaning
- a vacuous facial expression
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up vacant? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).