Synonyms and Antonyms of impassive
- She remained impassive throughout the trial.
- an impassive expression on the prisoner's face as his sentence was read
Synonym Discussion of impassive
- met the news with an impassive look
- was resolutely stoic even in adversity
- a phlegmatic man unmoved by tears
- charitable appeals met an apathetic response
- stolid workers wedded to routine
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up impassive? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).