Synonyms and Antonyms of stolid
- The butler responded to the duchess's constant demands with stolid indifference.
- The actor's turn as a stolid, impersonal bureaucrat was an interesting departure from his more impassioned roles.
Synonym Discussion of stolid
- met the news with an impassive look
- was resolutely stoic even in adversity
- a phlegmatic man unmoved by tears
- charitable appeals met an apathetic response
- stolid workers wedded to routine
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up stolid? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).