Synonyms and Antonyms of independent
- an independent young man who moved out of his parents' house while still a college student
- Finally they are an independent people, after centuries of domination by their neighbors.
Synonym Discussion of independent
- you're free to do as you like
- the colony's struggle to become independent
- separate and sovereign armed services
- in this denomination each congregation is regarded as autonomous
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up independent? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).