Synonyms and Antonyms of put-down
- New hires always have to deal with put-downs and practical jokes from the older employees.
- Your never-ending put-down of my musical talents is really starting to annoy me.
Synonyms and Antonyms of put down
- He has the annoying habit of putting down others under the guise of offering constructive criticism.
- We'll put her down as one of the chaperones for the field trip.
- a tyrant who ruthlessly put down uprisings
- a fender bender that probably can be put down to the driver's inexperience
- football players putting down a big meal
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up put-down? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).