Synonyms and Antonyms of accredit
- The film buff accredits his good choice of movies to reading a reviewer who seldom steers him wrong.
- took a course that accredited her to teach first aid
- He's generally accredited as the finest American dramatist of the postwar generation.
doff one's hat to (or doff one's cap to)
- Thus far the board has refused to accredit the school.
Synonym Discussion of accredit
- the parents approve of the marriage
- publicly endorsed her for Senator
- the President sanctioned covert operations
- the board voted to accredit the college
- must be certified to teach
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up accredit? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).