Synonyms and Antonyms of do in
- a business venture that was done in by poor planning
beat, best, clobber, conquer, crush, defeat, drub, lick, master, overbear, overcome, overmatch, prevail (over), rout, scotch, skunk, subdue, surmount, thrash, trim, triumph (over), trounce, wallop, whip, win (against)
- The early frost did in all of our tender plants.
do away with, make away with
- was done in by some traitor
do away with
- The long day of hard work really did me in.
wear to a frazzle
- too savvy an investor to be done in by preposterous claims of astronomical returns
sell a bill of goods to, take for a ride, take to the cleaners
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up do in? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).