:in a circle or in circumference
:in, along, or through a circuit
- The road goes around by the lake.
:on all or various sides :in every or any direction
- There was nothing for miles around.
:in close from all sides so as to surround
:in or near one's present place or situation
- We had to wait around awhile.
:here and there :from one place to another
- She travels around on business.
:to a particular place
- You should come around for dinner.
—used with some verbs to indicate repeated or continued action
- He's always joking around when he should be serious.
- Don't play around with your food.
:in rotation or succession
- Another winter has come around.
:from beginning to end :through
- The weather is mild the year around.
:in or to an opposite direction or position