: in a circle or in circumference
: in, along, or through a circuit
- The road goes around by the lake.
: on all or various sides : in every or any direction
- There was nothing for miles around.
: in close from all sides so as to surround
: in or near one's present place or situation
- We had to wait around awhile.
: here and there : from one place to another
- She travels around on business.
: to a particular place
- You should come around for dinner.
—used with some verbs to indicate repeated or continued action
- He's always joking around when he should be serious.
- Don't play around with your food.
: in rotation or succession
- Another winter has come around.
: from beginning to end : through
- The weather is mild the year around.
: in or to an opposite direction or position