fool around withidiom
Definition of fool around with
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious I'm not really a painter; I just like to fool around with paints.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way Don't fool around with that gun.
3 : to have sex with (someone who is not one's husband, wife, or regular partner) His wife discovered that he was fooling around with his secretary.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game