fool around withidiom
Definition of fool around with
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious I'm not really a painter; I just like to fool around with paints.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way Don't fool around with that gun.
3 : to have sex with (someone who is not one's husband, wife, or regular partner) His wife discovered that he was fooling around with his secretary.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game