show (someone) aroundphrasal verb
showed (someone) around; shown (someone) around or showed (someone) around; showing (someone) around; shows (someone) around
Definition of show (someone) around
: to act as a guide for (someone who is visiting a place) : to lead (someone) around a place and point to and talk about the interesting or important things She showed us around the city. You've never been to my house before. Let me show you around.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?