get jerked aroundidiom
Definition of get jerked around
chiefly US, informal
: to be treated unfairly or dishonestly (by someone) : to be lied to or cheated I felt like I was getting jerked around by that salesman.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game