: in a circle around : on every side of : around
- People gathered about him.
: in the immediate neighborhood of : near
- Fish are abundant about the reefs.
: on or near the person of
- had a pleasing fragrance about her
: in the makeup of
- a mature wisdom about him
: engaged in
- … act as if they know what they're about …
- —T. S. Matthews
: concerned with
: fundamentally concerned with or directed toward
- … poker is about money.
- —David Mamet
: over or in different parts of
- He traveled about the country.