muck about/aroundphrasal verb
mucked about/around; mucking about/around; mucks about/around
Definition of muck about/around
1 : to spend time doing things that are not useful or serious : to waste time We just mucked about all afternoon.
2 : to be unfair or dishonest with (someone) : to lie to or cheat (someone) I want them to stop mucking me around. He's tired of being mucked about.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game