muck about/aroundphrasal verb
Definition of muck about/around
1 : to spend time doing things that are not useful or serious : to waste time We just mucked about all afternoon.
2 : to be unfair or dishonest with (someone) : to lie to or cheat (someone) I want them to stop mucking me around. He's tired of being mucked about.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game