mucked about/around; mucking about/around; mucks about/around
Definition of muck about/around
1 : to spend time doing things that are not useful or serious : to waste time We just mucked about all afternoon.
2 : to be unfair or dishonest with (someone) : to lie to or cheat (someone) I want them to stop mucking me around. He's tired of being mucked about.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game