mess about with (something)idiom
Definition of mess about with (something)
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious I'm not really a painter; I just like to mess about with paints. She spent the evening messing about with the computer.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way Stop messing about with the stereo.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game