make a song and dance about (something)idiom
Definition of make a song and dance about (something)
1 : to cause a lot of excitement about (something) The film is nothing to make a song and dance about.
2 : to complain about (something) in a way that is excessive or unnecessary He was making a big song and dance about the new regulations.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?