Definition of make a song and dance about (something)
1 : to cause a lot of excitement about (something) The film is nothing to make a song and dance about.
2 : to complain about (something) in a way that is excessive or unnecessary He was making a big song and dance about the new regulations.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game