monkey about with (something)phrasal verb
Definition of monkey about with (something)
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious He enjoys monkeying about with his car's engine.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way You shouldn't be monkeying about with dangerous chemicals.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game