talk aboutphrasal verb
talked about; talking about; talks about
Definition of talk about
1 : to say words in order to express one's thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc., about (something) She still talks about your wedding and how perfect it was.
2 : to discuss We were talking about last night's game.
3 : to discuss the personal lives of (other people) : to gossip It's rude to talk about people behind their back(s).
4 : to mean —used in the phrase "What are you/they talking about?" or "What is he/she talking about?" to show that one is confused, worried, upset, etc., about something that someone has just said Not done well? What are you talking about? I did what you told me to do.
5 informal —used to emphasize the size, amount, or extent of something Talk about having a bad day. I had the worst day ever!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game