Definition of what about
1 : does that include (someone) : how about (someone) "We're all going to the beach." "What about Kenny?"
2 : how does that affect (someone or something) : what should be done about (someone or something) "I need to leave—something has come up." "What about the meeting?" "We'll have to reschedule it." What about the people who can't afford health insurance?
3 —used to make a suggestion about what could be done We'll need to talk about this again. What about (meeting) next week?There's still time. What about playing another game?
4 —used to ask someone to tell one something in response to the thing that one has just said I like skiing and hiking. What about you? What sports do you like?Everyone else is coming. What about you?
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game