variants: or less commonly bandy around
Definition of bandy about
: to discuss or mention (something) in a casual or informal way The candidate hasn't chosen a running mate yet, but some names have been bandied about.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game