cast about/around forphrasal verb
cast about/around for; casting about/around for; casts about/around for
Definition of cast about/around for
: to look in many places for (something) They cast about for new ways to make money on the farm. She is still casting around for someone to watch her son while she is at work.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game