have anything/something to say aboutidiom
Definition of have anything/something to say about
1 : to have an opinion to express about (something) I asked what she thought about the movie, but she didn't have anything to say about it.
2 : to have the ability to affect or influence (something) "I'm going to the party." "Not if I have anything/something to say about it."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game