see (someone) aroundphrasal verb
saw (someone) around; seen (someone) around; seeing (someone) around; sees (someone) around
Definition of see (someone) around
: to notice (someone) in some of the places one often goes to "Have you met the new guy yet?" "No, but I've seen him around."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game