come around toidiom
Definition of come around to
1 : to start to accept and support (something, such as an idea) after opposing it People are starting to come around to the idea. : to stop opposing or disagreeing with (something) She'll come around to our side eventually.
2 : to go visit (a place) Why don't you come around to my house after work today?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game