Definition of come as
—used to describe the effect that something has when people first learn about it Their decision came as a surprise (to me).It should come as no surprise that many people oppose the plan.The news of her recovery came as a great relief to all of us.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game