mess around with (something)idiom
Definition of mess around with (something)
1 : to use or do (something) in a way that is not very serious I'm not really a painter; I just like to mess around with paints. She spent the evening messing around with the computer.
2 : to handle or play with (something) in a careless or foolish way Stop messing around with the stereo.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game