pivot on/aroundphrasal verb
pivoted on/around; pivoting on/around; pivots on/around
Definition of pivot on/around
: to be based on (something) Our vacation plans will pivot around how much money we can save. The book's plot pivots on the main character's need for revenge.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game