build aroundphrasal verb
built around; building around; builds around
Definition of build around
: to develop or organize (something) by using (something, such as an idea) as its main or central part We built our program around the idea that people need love and support. Their lives are built around their children.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game