bounce aroundphrasal verb
bounced around; bouncing around; bounces around
Definition of bounce around
: to talk about (something, such as an idea) in an informal way in order to get different opinions about it We were bouncing some ideas around for the design of the book's cover. They bounced around some plot ideas for a new play.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?