bounce backphrasal verb
bounced back; bouncing back; bounces back
Definition of bounce back
: to return quickly to a normal condition after a difficult situation or event She bounced back easily from her surgery. After losing the first three games of the series, they bounced back to win their next eight games.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?