Definition of rally around
: to join together to support (someone or something) in a difficult time or situation We rallied around our neighbors when their house burned down. When the town library lost its funding, the community rallied around it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game