Definition of lie around
1 : to be lying in a disordered way He always had a lot of clothes lying around (his house).
2 : to be somewhere within a general area or place I know that pen is lying around here somewhere.
3 : to spend time resting in a lazy way She spent the whole day just lying around. My friends and I were lying around by the pool.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game