revolve aroundphrasal verb
revolved around; revolving around; revolves around
Definition of revolve around
1 : to move around (something) in a path that is similar to a circle The planets revolve around the sun.
2 : to have (someone or something) as a main subject or interest The discussion revolved around the question of repairing the roads. His life revolves around playing basketball. He thinks the world revolves around him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?