Synonyms and Antonyms of pick up
- He has a knack for picking up a language in a few weeks.
get the hang of
- Pick up all of your things because we have to be off this beach before dark.
- Could you pick up some milk at the store?
- The boat was just picking up speed when it was rammed by another boat.
- Pick up your feet while I vacuum in front of the sofa.
- Police picked up the fugitive in a neighboring state.
- I thought you said you had picked up, so why are these things still lying around the rec room?
clean house, set straight
- After the break, the speaker picked up his lecture right where he had left off.
- The boy's bedroom looked like it hadn't been picked up in quite a while.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up pick up? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).