Synonyms and Antonyms of breakup
- The breakup of the Soviet Union and the collapse of communism pretty much signaled the end of the Cold War.
Synonyms and Antonyms of break up
- The band broke up when their arguments over money grew too stressful.
- The meeting broke up when all the business for the day had been completed.
bite the dust
- He broke up the rocks in the old stone wall with a crowbar, sending them tumbling to the ground.
- likely to break up under pressure
blow one's cool, fall apart, go off the deep end, go to pieces, lose it
- Police arrived at the scene and immediately broke up the fracas.
have done with, put the kibosh on
- Break up the feta cheese and spread it over the salad.
- If you break up during the skit, the audience will know that you're in on the joke.
split one's sides
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up breakup? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).