plural of breakthrough
Synonyms & Antonyms of breakthroughs
an instance of notable progress in the development of knowledge, technology, or skill
- Alexander Fleming's discovery of penicillin was one of medicine's great breakthroughs, for penicillin became the first antibiotic to successfully combat bacterial infections in humans
Synonyms for breakthroughs
Words Related to breakthroughs
Near Antonyms for breakthroughs
Antonyms for breakthroughs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors