Synonyms and Antonyms of decompose
- Detectives needed to know how long it would take a corpse to decompose to that advanced state.
fall apart, go to seed (or run to seed)
Synonym Discussion of decompose
- a decaying mansion
- the strong odor of decomposing vegetation
- fruit was left to rot in warehouses
- corpses putrefying on the battlefield
- keep the ham from spoiling
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up decompose? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).