Synonyms and Antonyms of shy
- a shy cat who hid under the bed every time she heard any loud noise
- a shy person who finds talking to anyone but a close friend to be an awkward and unpleasant experience
- The team is shy a couple of players because of illness.
- a shy casino
Synonym Discussion of shy
- shy with strangers
- a bashful boy out on his first date
- felt diffident about raising an objection
- modest about her success
- put off by her coy manner
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up shy? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).